Monday, August 6, 2012

Elusive Sleep




What makes sleep elusive for some and instantly achievable for others?
More particularly, why is my spouse the opposite? I toss and turn much to the chagrin of my husband, while his head hits the pillow and he is sound asleep.  It's my opinion that having both sexes the same would be great.  Can't sleep...let's watch a movie.  

My problem comes down to an active mind and body.  Between planning out my next day or the next chapter in my novel sleep hides from me. In fact, if I don't imagine the next scene I'm listing my chores the next day. Sometimes I irritate my husband by talking. Oh...to be overwhelmed
with sleep.

I've tried different mattresses, allergy medicine, I never take naps in the afternoon.  What's missing in the equation? Any secrets out there (on a budget)?

No comments:

Post a Comment